Step 2

Choose a Diploma

Familiarize yourself with graduation requirements and decide which diploma you will pursue to help you reach your educational and career goals for life after high school.

I entered 9th Grade for the first time...​

Other Diploma/Certificate Type

General education students who pass courses but do not earn the required number of verified credits may be awarded a Certificate of Program Completion. Students will be encouraged to pursue outstanding verified credits to earn a Standard or Advanced Studies Diploma, and will be eligible to participate in graduation exercises once a Standard or Advanced Studies Diploma is earned. 

The Board of Education has established a program of testing for High School Equivalency through the General Educational Development (GED). A GED Certificate may be earned through the Individual Student Alternative Education/GED program offered through HCPS.