Career Awareness & Exploration
By the end of 5th grade, students will:
- Understand the concepts of job and career.
- Understand that behaviors such as punctuality, courtesy, proper dress and proper language are essential to current and future success.
- Understand the relationship of individual effort, hard work and persistence to achievement.
- Understand the importance of teamwork in working towards a common goal.
- Demonstrate the decision making process.
- Demonstrate goal setting.
- Recognize the benefits of both individual initiative and teamwork.
- Recognize that the changing workplace requires lifelong learning.
- Identify hobbies and interests.
- Identify career choices through exploration.